COVID-19 Groceries Support
- 15 days Groceries to 200 tribal families: Handed groceries to 200 tribal families in interior forest habitations near Bhadradri Kothagudem, Telangana. These people do not have any income at the moment due to COVID-19 and are in need of groceries. Each family was given 10kgs rice, dal, cooking oil and other groceries. Thanks to all our donors and supporters. Thanks to our Dr. Naren, Dr. Kapil Sharma and IDO team for distributing groceries. (11th June 2020).
- 15 days Groceries to 100 families: Handed groceries – 10 kgs rice, dal, ravva, cooking oil, 3 vegetables and other items to 100 families from brahmin community at Satyannarayana puram, Vijayawada. All of them are impacted during COVID-19 lockdown. Thanks a lot Ravi Kumar Remani, Chalapathi Emani for supporting this initiative. Thanks to Vimala Chigurupati garu and Sudheekshan foundation for organizing the program. (21st May 2020).
- 10 days Groceries to 250 senior citizens: Provided groceries to 250 senior citizens in Nutakki, Guntur district, Andhra Pradesh. Each person was given 5kgs rice, dal, cooking oil and other essential items to support them for 10 days. These people are old, single and do not have any income or family members to support them. Thanks to Akramuddin, Nizamuddin and others (6th May 2020).
- 12,000 kgs of rice to 700 tribal families in Bhadradri Kothagudem: Supported 2000 people in 45 tribal hamlets in Bhadradri Kothagudem district, Telangana with 12,000kgs of rice during the COVID-19 lockdown. All these families did not have ration cards. Thanks to our partners Dr. Naren, Dr. Kapil and IDO for organizing the activity. (10th April 2020).
- 15 days Groceries to 200 migrant guest worker families: Handed groceries to 200 families in Atchampet mandal, Guntur district, Andhra Pradesh. Each family was given – rice, dal, cooking oil, upma ravva, 5 vegetables, and many other essential items to support them for 15 days. These are migrant agricultural workers that came to kurnool area. Due to COVID-19 lock down in India, they did not have work, couldn’t go back to their native place and were in need of food/groceries. Thanks to Narasimha Sikha, Rythu Swarajya Vedika and Mannem Badraiah garu for local coordination and support. (31st March 2020).
Protein Powder to Malnourished Tribals (Bhadradri Kothagudem, Telangana)
- Protein Powder to children, pregnant women and lactating mothersStarted providing protein powder supplement to children, pregnant women and lactating mothers in 16 tribal hamlets in Bhadradri Kothagudem district, Telangana. Severe malnutrition is observed in children and women in these interior forest habitations. Identified 350 children and women. Each one is given 60grams of protein powder per day at a set time by a health volunteer (total 1.8kgs of protein powder per month to each person). Progress is closely monitored and measured every 3 months. Thanks to all our donors for supporting this program. Thanks to Dr. Naren and Dr. Kapil Sharma for leading this program (Protein powder is made with roasted Bengal gram, peanuts, wheat, jowar and jaggery). (May 2020).
Matruchaya Orphanage (Nutakki, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh)
- Groceries: Handed groceries to Matruchaya to support them for 2 months (400kgs rice, cooking oil, jaggery, tamarind and other items). Bhimireddy Sivareddy retired head master graced the occasion (12th January 2020).
- TV: Handed a 55 inch TV to Matruchaya for the kids to watch inspirational and motivational programs on sundays and holidays. Sri Bh. Sivareddy, retired head master, Nutakki ZPH School was the honorary guest for the event. (12th January 2020).
- After School Snacks: Continuing the after school snacks program that was started in Jan 2019, providing heathy, nutritious snacks to kids. (Jan-Dec 2020).
- Milk for Health: Continuing milk for health program that was started in Jan 2019, providing each kid with a cup of milk per day. (Jan-Dec 2020).
Pratyusha Girls Home (Arakuvalley, AP)
- Groceries: Handed 200 kgs rice, 45 liters Cooking oil, 30kgs dal, 60kgs ravva, pulses, Spices and many other groceries to support them for 2 months. (12th June)
- Groceries: Handed 276kgs of rice, Cooking oil, dal, ravva, jaggery, greengram, blackgram and other groceries. Thanks to Anupama Venkatesh and friends. (27th April)
- Groceries: Handed 450kgs of rice, 60liters cooking oil, upma ravva, idly ravva, dal, pulses, coconut oil and other groceries to this tribal girls orphanage to support them for a month. (11th February)
MCBR Oldage Home (Pedaparimi, Andhra Pradesh)
- Provided financial support to MCBR charitable trust to help in the construction of Oldage Home (Vruddalayam) at Pedaparimi near Vijayawada. Oldage Home will become operational in couple of months. Thanks to Prasada Jonnala. (27th April)
Pallavi Oldage Home (Hyderabad, Telangana)
- Groceries: Delivered 300kgs of rice, cooking oil, dal and other groceries to “Pallavi Oldage Home for women” at Hyderabad. Majority of the women at this facility are mentally challenged. Thanks a lot Usha Kiran Desabhaktula and all other donors for making this happen.(10th February)
- Sponsored 10000 meals to children and families struggling with hunger in USA (9th May)
- Sponsored 1200 meals to children and families struggling with hunger in USA (23rd May)
- Sponsored 2000 meals to children and families struggling with hunger in San Francisco Bay Area in USA (6th May)
- Sponsored 1000 meals to children and families during COVID-19 lockdown in Hyderabad (5th May)
Prosthetic legs, Jaipur Legs to children/adults (Andhra Pradesh)
- Provided prosthetic leg to 1 young adultHanded prosthetic leg to Jayaraju, a B.Pharmacy student from Guntur who lost his right leg in a road accident last year. This enables him to continue studies and pursue his goals. Thanks a lot Srinivasa M for generous contribution and thanks to Vimala garu and Sudheekshan foundation for making this happen. (June 2020)
- Jaipur leg Provided Jaipur leg to one adult(July 2020)
- Supported making of 500 masks with 3M filter. These are handed to medical emergency services staff, disabled and senior care centers in New Jersey area.(April 2020)
Computers and Printers to Schools
- Handed 6 desktop computers to ZPH School, Nutakki, Guntur district, AP (23rd February)
Tribal Schools Support (8 schools, Bhadradri Kothagudem, Telangana)
- Started supporting 8 tribal schools in Bhadradri Kothagudem area. These schools at Paalavaagu, Gandiguppa, Bhendlapaadu, Marrigudem, Jaggaram, Bussurai, Mathkur, Ontigudesa tribal hamlets are providing education to 225 kids. Thanks to Dr. Naren, Dr. Kapil and team for leading this initiative. Thanks to all our donors for enabling Rural Hope Foundation to support these schools (March 2020)
Tribal School Support (1 school at Rolugunta, Arakuvalley, Andhra Pradesh )
- Supporting a tribal elementary school with teacher’s salary for the next 1 year. The school is located at Rolugunta tribal hamlet, an interior forest habitation near Lumbasingi, Visakhapatnam, AP. 25 students are attending the school this year.
Thanks to Pradeep, Mallik and team for setting up this school and providing education to tribal kids. Thanks to all our donors for enabling Rural Hope Foundation to support this cause (May 2020)
Scholarships, School Fee, Teachers Salaries
- Scholarships – In progress…
- College Fees – In progress…
- Teachers Salaries – In progress…
- Provided financial support to improve infrastructure at a high school.
- Built a partition in a building at a high school to create an additional room to be used for counseling students.
Books to School Libraries
Sports Equipment to Schools
- Monkey bars / horizontal ladder for a high school – In progress…
- Volley ball polls, Volley balls/net, Throw balls/net and Badminton balls to a school – In progress…